Thursday, September 24, 2009

Two Days in Five Minutes

Conceived and written in the five minutes of internet I have today:

I have now walked a total of 75 km and each day has been uniquely challenging but consistent enough for me to give a few ideas about what this experience is like. I want to temper everything written by saying that this time has been absolutely amazing - I have not a single complaint. The Way is difficult to describe because each phrase I would like to use is contradictory. The journey is an omnivorous experience, its dpeht in terms of how much time is spent means that you experience the entire spectrum of emotions and feelings. Often times I feel like I am part of a real community, an Adult College who´s members are from all over the world and who have decided to enroll at all different stages in their lives. Each person brings something that is particularly unique - those traveling alone moreso than others. At the same time (here is where contradictions arise), there is a certain consistency to our presence here. We were all ¨called¨ for lack of a better term , and made certain sacrifices in our lives to make this possible. The way is soothing and strenuous, hot and cold, time consuming and time allowing. It is great. And yes - you and and should do it. Out of time - au Revoir form Pamplona!

No comments:

Post a Comment