Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dear Switzerland,

Our fiery relationship was enigmatic, thrilling, beautiful and charming. Our time together in Interlaken was a dramatic ride of thrills, slides, jumps and ill-timed, late night interventions with young Americans. My alter-ego, Guava, emerged, and he, Guava, carried me through your rocks and glacier water off waterfalls, lagoons and light filled precipices. Off your stones he flipped and through your canyons he swung. Luzern was a pleasant time, and our night-time bike rides were endearing, but I just couldn't get as excited to see you. Like all things passionate, the fire passed, and your grey side was revealed. We tried one last time to make it work in Zurich, a dynamic place painted neutral by the weather and my cold. In the end, though, you were not cheap or strange enough for me. There's someone out there for you. Don't call me, I'll call you.

XOXO
Fede

UPDATE: Added Canyoning photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment