Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Day in the Pyrenean Clouds

I just completed the first stage of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela - a 27 km hike through the Pyreness from St Jean Pied de Port to Roncesvalles. Today´s hike conisted of climbing 800 m and scaling 200 m back down to this sleepy small town just south of the Spanish French border. The entire day was spent walking through a dense cloud, a surreal experience. I´m staying in a renovated monastery, in a room with about 300 beds in it (photos to come). There´s no real type of person that completes this camino, as the crowd seems diverse both in age and in nationality. No blisters or large aches yet, and I attribute this to my light pack weight and superior genetic makeup (thanks Mom and Dad). All facetiousness aside, I´ve not much time to type but I promise, if you are reading this blog, I´ve probably thought about you since I´ve been here! One thing I have a lot of time is time to think. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment