Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Entrevaux

Its main draw was a citadel, a "proper medieval fortress" as some call it, or "a splendid prison" as I call it, sitting on the crown of a "proper burgeoning Alp mountain" as some call it, or "a splendid hill" as I call it, but these are just semantics, and the time for name calling has passed, so that it is time to describe this place that buries dungeons in its peaks, and reveals courtyards behind its thick walls so that there is something urban in this place, this place that zigs and zags through arched thresholds, this place called Entrevaux.

1 comment:

  1. You seem to have taken up a new style of writing upon entry to Europe. It's a little too Frenchy, not enough Freedom Fry, for my taste. However, I found a lot to like in this latest entry. It made me smile...and I really liked your connection between citadels and urban spaces.

    Suggestions:
    1) more. punctuation.
    2) fewer cigarettes

    ReplyDelete