Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Swiss Canyon Jump

We'll hike afterwards, right? How often are you in the Swiss Alps ready to hike? That's right, not often. You can jump off high things anywhere in the world. Sure, sure I'll film you. You too? Would you rather have pictures or a video? Video. Great. I've found the best angle now. Nope, I am just filming friends jump - I can't afford to do this. No I don't think it is worth the money. Yes, my money needs to last me 7 more weeks. I didn't have the best angle with Josh's jump but now I have it. I stand right here and you get the full depth of the swing and you can see the canyon walls on either side and the river beneath. I even keep the videos to 30 seconds or less to save camera memory. You'll need that space if you keep traveling. Buy a few more SD cards just in case. Yes Australian stranger, I will film you as well. Yup, yup I'm technically savvy, I can figure out your camera. Everybody has some version of the Canon Digital Elph - 400, 450, 550, 650. Just delete some old pictures so I have enough time to film you. Video mode is _right here_, just turn the dial. Photo first, then video. That looks like fun. Darling tiny Swiss girl, you are jumping too? Eleven people jumped. OK we are done. Me? I can still sign up? Yes yes. A reduced rate? Even better. Where do I sign up? But I have everybodys' cameras in my pockets let me just I need to put them somewhere maybe in this bag up here can you please take that down lady to the bottom of the cliff I promised everyone I would take care of their cameras but can you film with mine video mode is right here yes yes I will calm down. 73 Kilos, written right on my hand. This is the harness? Great, three ropes. Yes I'm in a green shirt. Why do you need my shirt color? To identify my body? I'm in, clipped into the swing. Smile. Wave. Dont think just...I'm off, in the air. This isn't so fast. Not unlike my other jumps. I'm still accelerating. Stil accelerating...I'm screaming but I can't even hear my own scream and it makes me want to scream louder to reassure me that, yes, I can scream. I'm starting to enjoy this and now I'm, yes, I'm swinging now and the free fall is over. Swinging through this Swiss canyon, I turn to my new friends and can only think of one thing to say: "It was worth it."



1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...I love it. You walked off that bridge(?) like you were stepping into the shower or something. Good composure! You're probably killing your mother though.

    I'm really enjoying the modified writing style. It's crazy to think that you couldn't hear yourself scream. Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.

    ReplyDelete