Saturday, October 31, 2009

Santiago de Compostela

On November 27th, at 3:30 p.m. I walked into Santiago de Compostela. I was blessed with an excellent sunny day, a lively city, and some bagpipe music I´ll never forget (Galicia is akin to Ireland). This means that I completed the Camino in 36 days - just a little longer than average.

Towards the Camino´s end, I was fit enough to walk one 40km day (arriving at a roadside motel at 8:30) and intentionally break away from the pack I was traveling with. I wanted to arrive alone, just as I had started, and spend the next few days watching my friends arrive. This was a most splendid plan. We´ve been having a great time the past few days because the city fits all of my criteria for excellence: beautiful city center, copious outdoor seating, good accomodations, cheap food and a huge student population.

I´ve a boatload of pictures to upload, but you will likely have to wait until around November 4th for me to get them up (just after I arrive back in the States). Check back!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Federico!!! Can't wait to see the photos.

    Vera

    ReplyDelete